Board Exam Results website is a public service. This website is about board examinations, which determine the competence of Filipino professionals.
Philippine PRC Licensure
Environmental planner is person engaged in the practice of environmental planning and duly registered with the Board of Environmental Planning in the manner provided in P.D. No. 1308.
Board refer to Professional Regulatory Board of Environmental Planning.
Except as otherwise permitted in Section 12 of the Law Regulating the Environmental Planning Profession in the Philippines, a professional examination is required to be undergone and passed by all applicants for registration for the practice of environmental planning. Examination is given once a year in Manila and other places, and dates as the Commission may designate subject to the compliance with the requirements prescribed by PRC in accordance with R. A. No. 8981.
Applicants for environmental planner board examination shall, prior to the date of the examination, establish to the satisfaction of the Board:
a. He/she is a citizen of the Philippines.
b. He/she is at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
c. He/she is a holder of any of the following:
1. Masteral degree in environmental planning, city and regional planning, or town and country planning, or its equivalent acceptable to the Board;
2. Bachelor’s degree in environmental planning, city and regional planning, or town and country planning, or its equivalent, and with two (2) years of environmental planning experience certified by a registered environmental planner;
3. Masteral degree in either architecture, civil engineering, economics, public administration or sociology, and with one (1) year of environmental planning experience certified by a registered environmental planner; or
4. Bachelor’s degree in either architecture, civil engineering, economics, public administration, or sociology, and with two (2) years of environmental planning experience certified by a registered environmental planner.
Scope of Environmental Planner Board Examination
The exam shall cover comprehensive plan preparation including the following subjects:
1. Physical planning, such as zoning, land use and water resources studies; analysis of micro-climate, vegetation, topography, soil conditions, ecological and geological conditions; site planning; design and planning of infrastructure and transportation systems, communications and utilities systems, housing and community facilities; analysis of space standards and interrelationships of building layouts and buildings envelopes; detailed planning design, etc.
2. Social planning, such as the sociological, anthropological and demographic aspects and requirements of planning.
3. Economic planning, such as economic resource analysis, assessment of economic facilities, industrial siting, determination of labor and transport requirements of industries, analysis of statistical information and economic linkages among different economic activities, etc.
4. Planning law and administration, such as organization & administration of a planning agency, preparation of cases in planning & zoning litigations, public policy instruments, professional practice, laws and ethics, & standard rules and regulations, etc.
5. Special planning studies, project planning, pre-investment and feasibility studies, etc.
Subject groupings with corresponding percentage ratings shall be determined by the Board and approved by the PRC. Subjects not mentioned shall not be construed as excluded in this subject listing if, in the opinion of the Board, such inclusion is necessary.
Oath of Profession
All successful examinees and those qualified under Section 13 of P. D. No. 1308 shall be required to take a professional oath before the board or any government official authorized by PRC to administer oaths, before entering the practice of environmental planning.
Latest Environmental Planner Board Exam Results